Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Mid-Century Kitchen

in addition to being a seafoam enthusiast, i am also a mid-century kitchen enthusiast. lucky for me, seafoam/mint green/robin's egg blue seem to have been popular colors back in the day. making it relatively easy to find a Ice-O-Mat ice crusher to match my sea foam dishes and seafoam fiestaware deviled egg dish (i don't eat deviled eggs, this was a gift from my well intentioned father).
when i bought my home this spring, i vowed that i would use my $8,000 first time home buyer credit to go back to school, pay my mom back and re-do the horrendous kitchen. going back to school - check. paid mom back - check. redo kitchen - .....
so the kitchen remodel is turning out to be a bigger task that i thought. why i thought it would be simple, i don't know. i tend to take on tasks that are much larger and more difficult i anticipate. "sure i can re-do the kitchen myself, how hard could it be?"
since i am certain i am not the only person in the world who does this, at least i hope i'm not, i've decided to chronicle the obsticles i encounter while trying to turn my relatively modern kitchen into a 1950's marvel.

No comments: